After Facebook revealed that users’ data was collected without their consent and used for political campaigns, more and more people across the world started looking for a secure medium to communicate. Today, Criptext, an independent company, announced a new email app which is hyper-secure and cares about your privacy.
Unlike any other email clients, Criptext doesn’t store your data in its servers, instead, the date is stored in your device, uses the Signal Protocol library to encrypt each email from end to end, and guarantees security, privacy and control over all your email communications. You’re in control of your data at all times.
“For the first time the world has an email service that is built entirely around protecting people’s privacy. So what makes it so special? Well, among many other things, Criptext doesn’t collect your data in its servers. Instead, your entire inbox is stored in your device alone. What’s more, Criptext uses the open source Signal Protocol library to encrypt each email from end to end,” writes Mayer Mizrachi, CEO & Founder, Criptext.
At the moment, Criptext comes with the following features:
- Unsend Emails: You can take back emails after being sent.
- Real-time Email tracking: This will let you know when a specific email is read by a recipient.
- Secure: Criptext appears to be the most secure email client ever created. It uses Signal Protocol library and emails are locked with a unique key that‘s stored on your device alone.
- It’s open source to provide the best email experience.
- Signal Protocol library ensures your privacy and security.
Criptext is still in beta and you can download it on your Android, iOS, Linux and Mac devices. If you give it a try, let us know what you think.